2010年8月8日 星期日

慶祝父親節

      
We Taiwanese indeed know how to enjoy life. People travel all over the island pursuing gourmet food. We celebrate not only our traditional holidays . We also celebrate western holidays . For example, we celebrate two Valentine's day, one in February (西洋情人節 ) the other one in lunar July (中國情人節).

This month will be a month full of fun. First comes Father's day, followed by Chinese Valentine's day, then our wedding anniversary at the end of August.

When I was newly wed, I always expected some romantic surprise from Shieh on Valentine's days or on our wedding anniversaries. After one disappointment after another, I finally realized it's impossible to expect any romantic surprise from a careless person.
It would be more practical to make fun and pleasure by yourself than to expect someone to give you fun and pleasure.

Now I stop play waiting and guessing game with Shieh. I will decide where and how to celebrate all the holidays and family events before they are approaching , and then tell him of my plan. He usually gladly accepts my ideas without objection.

Yesterday we celebrated father's day in a Karaoke store. We spent all afternoon singing and singing , just two of us. But I think the most heartwarming gift for Shieh is the phone call from our dear son in San Diego wishing him a happy father's day.

time: August , 2010
place: Taipei




沒有留言:

張貼留言